- r with the face upward
she was stretched supinely on her back
- r in an indifferently supine manner
he called the tune to me and I supinely took it up
- Through more than two millenniums of alternate droughts and floods the Chinese have not supinely disdained to help themselves.
- He did not explain that the Communists have no intention of waiting supinely while nature makes the weather.
- Was Western Europe moribund? Did it have neither the heart nor the vigor to save itself? Was it, as the Communists would have the world believe, waiting supinely for a blood .
- Laurie Oakes in Melbourne Herald Sun
Instead, it rolled over supinely when John Howard said you've got to ban the worm,Oakes said. "The Press Club was started by journalists but it's become a haven for PR people, log-rollers (and) real estate agents. It's forgotten what it's...
- Karl Rove in USA Today
Rove said the Sept. 11 attacks proved that officials should "be contesting, not simply supinely receiving, information from security analysts."
- LK Advani in Hindu Business Line
On the issue of the Indo-US nuclear deal, Mr Advani said: "The UPA has supinely now consented to be pushed to agreeing to this deal, at a pace dictated by the US and at their domestic convenience."