- a having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome
a successful architect
a successful business venture
- A study of men working in London's financial district suggests that prebirth exposure to the hormone could play a big part in how successful they are.
- Upending conventional wisdom has made Malcolm Gladwell famous and successful.
- The 12 steps have also generated successful programs for eating disorders, gambling, narcotics, debting, sex addiction and people affected by others' addictions.
News & Articles
- Red Sox-Mariners Preview
After the Seattle Mariners' successful road trip, Felix Hernandez will try to help his club start posting better results at home.
July 8, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- O3b’s New Satellite Constellation to Provide High Speed Connectivity to South Sudan
Following the successful launch of O3b’s first four satellites, O3b Networks today announced a major long-term capacity deal to provide high-speed, low-latency capacity to RCS-Comm
July 8, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Column: The Corporate Tax Reform Debate Needs to be Resolved
By Lawrence Summers (Reuters) - No one is satisfied with the U.S. corporate tax system. From one perspective the main problem is that at a time when corporate profits are extraordinarily high relative to GDP, tax collections are very low relative to GDP. And many very successful companies pay little or nothing in taxes at a time when the budget deficit is a major concern and when hundreds of ...
July 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in Reuters
The more successful we are, the more American troops can return home,Bush said.
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke told Congress this week that there was a "reasonable prospect" the recession would end in 2009 only "if actions taken by the administration, the Congress and the Federal Reserve are successful in restoring...
- Steve Jobs in Huffington Post (blog)
Flash is a successful business for Adobe, and we can understand why they want to push it beyond PCs. But the mobile era is about low power devices, touch interfaces and open web standards - all areas where Flash falls short,Jobs wrote....