- a of or relating to or characteristic of conditions in the subtropics
even near the equator vegetation at 5000 ft is subtropical rather than tropical
- Habitat: Tropical and subtropical waters.
- Later investigations strongly suggested that the two men were innocent but by then the local law was back in its familiar subtropical torpor.
- In fact, the Cornell researchers have established that both the male and female of this subtropical species can detect frequencies as high as 2,000 Hz and that they are equal .
News & Articles
- Flash Flood Watch Issued For Franklin County
Rainfall totals of 3- to 5 inches associated with a possible tropical or subtropical storm. Franklin County EOC is at a LEVEL 3 (monitoring).
June 5, 2013 - WCTV Tallahassee
- Watching a Disturbance in the Gulf
A disturbance in the Gulf has 60% chance at becoming a tropical or subtropical system according to the National Huricane Center.
June 5, 2013 - NBC 15 Mobile