- a having or involving a trajectory of less than one orbit
the first manned suborbital flight
- a situated on or below the floor of the eye socket
a suborbital bone
- For solving the problems of suborbital flight and re-entry with ingenious design, for boldly going where NASA now fears to tread and returning without a scratch, but most of all .
- Listening to news of Alan Shepard's groundbreaking suborbital flight on the radio, Rutan was euphoric.
- Now it's organic, prosthetic, aesthetic, pharmaceutical, suborbital and goodness knows what else.
News & Articles
- Suborbital rocket sends experiments — and ashes — into space and back
A suborbital sounding rocket launched seven space-technology experiments — plus some unusual commercial payloads — from New Mexico's Spaceport America on Friday.The 20-foot-tall (6-meter-tall) UP Aerospace SpaceLoft XL rocket rose into the sky just before 8 a.m. MT (10 a.m. ET), reached an altitude of 73.9 miles and descended back to Earth, NASA reported. The rocket and its payloads were ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- 7 Space Technology Experiments to Launch on Rocket Ride Today
Seven space-technology experiments are slated to blast off Friday (June 21) on a NASA-funded suborbital research flight.
June 21, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Swiss Rocket Plane May Launch People on Private Science Trips
PARIS — A startup Swiss spaceflight company is planning to upgrade its proposed private satellite launch system into a manned suborbital space shuttle for science missions, the company announced Monday (June 17).
June 20, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Jim Benson in Earthtimes.org
It's official -- we have begun our countdown to what I expect will be BSC's first suborbital flights by the end of 2008,said Benson, who until recently served as chairman and CTO of SpaceDev, a company that develops a wide variety of...
- Burt Rutan in USA Today
The very first generation of commercial suborbital spaceships will be experience-optimized,Rutan added.
- Peter Diamandis in USA Today
Clearly there is room for a number of locations for suborbital personal spaceflight. If all goes well, this will be a rising tide that lifts many spaceports, and for the first time enables a true commercial market,Diamandis explained.