- a of or relating to constituents of the atom or forces within the atom
harnessing subatomic energy
- s of smaller than atomic dimensions
- Precisely what that fundamental uncertainty tells us about the basic nature of the subatomic world is a question theorists have been wrestling with for decades.
- It's not the Star Trek style beaming up of entire landing parties; the process operates at the subatomic level.
- Higgs thus plugged a major hole in the Standard Model, the far-reaching set of equations on the interaction of subatomic particles that is the closest modern physics comes to a .
- Paul Davies in AZoNano.com
The most successful scientific theory in history - quantum mechanics - describes the murky microworld of atoms and subatomic particles, and famously defies intuition,notes ASU professor Paul Davies, director of BEYOND and organizer of the...
- Avi Loeb in Spaceflight Now
However, the feedback from a recoiled quasar would be distributed along its trajectory, and would resemble the visible track of a subatomic particle in a bubble chamber,commented Loeb.
- DENNIS Kelly in Irish Times
We don't really think outside our time,says Kelly, as the editing suite beckons. "It's amazing. The world is just mental when you look at it. Subatomic particles are mad. And all of that information is completely useless to us as...