- r in a stubborn unregenerate manner
she remained stubbornly in the same position
- Unfortunately, the formula stubbornly eluded him.
- Dean Acheson, Truman's Secretary of State, insisted stubbornly that he would not "turn his back on Alger Hiss"and came under political attack that seriously curbed his .
- Country has achieved its new luster without abandoning its heritage: a heritage so stubbornly rooted in storytelling and simple melody that it has never quite left behind the farm .
News & Articles
- Mumbai's Endangered Mannequins
Even the most ardent supporters of Mumbai (and I count myself as one) will admit that the creaking infrastructure of India’s financial capital is fast making the city a tough place to live in. Atrocious traffic jams, potholed roads and water cuts are par for the course. As I tell my friends in other cities, my Bombay ( I stubbornly refer to it by its old name) has become Slumbay.
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- We're Swimming in Shale Oil
Dan Dicker talks to Jim Cramer about the latest EIA report and why the price of oil and gasoline remains so stubbornly high.
June 12, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Survival Of The Fittest: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg On “This Is The End” And Keeping Your Best Ideas Alive
Their directorial debut, This Is the End, may be about surviving an apocalypse, but the screenwriting duo of Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg has learned the key to thriving in Hollywood: to pursue their sturdiest ideas all the way. Like a pair of non-raptured souls trying to get into heaven, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have a hard time giving up. The comedy power duo has proved stubbornly ...
June 12, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- David Plouffe in Washington Post
Obama's 2008 campaign manager, David Plouffe, said Huntsman is a Republican who "seems to understand the party has to adjust _ not stubbornly believe that everything is OK and it is the country that has to change."
- Barack Obama in MarketWatch
For weeks, now, Senator McCain has argued that the gains of the surge mean that I should change my commitment to end the war,Obama said. "But this argument misconstrues what is necessary to succeed in Iraq, and stubbornly ignores the facts...
- Anthony Weiner in Chicago Tribune
The bureaucracy which had stubbornly refused to open the crown is finally moved in the right direction,Weiner said Friday. "Today's news means that America is one step closer to providing what everyone wants: safe access to the heights of...