- s marked or decorated with stripes
- Nothing is still: in Colorful Ensemble (1938) the splatters are a background of dots on which swim strange biomorphs; in Sky Blue (1940) stripy plankton flutter multiple legs while .
- Three months in, Charlie Brown gets his stripy shirt, and he gets called a blockhead for the first time in 1951.
- In A Cup of Tea (1880), the stripy wallpaper anchors the otherwise impossible perspective, so tilted that the tea service seems ready to slide off the picture.
- Helena Bonham Carter in National Post
According to a report in gossip newsletter Popbitch, in a pub in Scotland near the set of the next Harry Potter movie, Helena Bonham Carter told crew members that her husband, Tim Burton, has "a black and white stripy" member.