- n spherical Gram-positive bacteria occurring in pairs or chains; cause e.g. scarlet fever and tonsillitis
- a of or relating to or caused by streptococci
- While strep has become manageable, staph has spread from hospitals into communities.
- What makes severe, invasive strep A different is that the microbe itself is "ill," infected with a virus.
- All the kids, it turned out, were more than twice as likely as others to have had a strep infection in the previous three months.
- Lily Allen in NEWS.com.au
I've got sinusitis and strep throat,Allen wrote on her MySpace site. "I don't even know what that is."
- Dave Van Horn in Razorback Central
Bolsinger has been a little sick, but he's good now,Van Horn said. "Seth Gardner, an outfielder, has had strep and mono and may miss a couple of weeks."
- St Ambrose in PipelineReview.com (press release)
Before being admitted, Baylee had been treated for or thought to have had strep throat, hand, foot, mouth disease and erythema multiforme. After receiving a biopsy, blood tests, an EKG and 2 echocardiograms, Baylee was finally diagnosed with... Brian Littrell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Littrell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEUBsOo_nGCZ-Gy7Y2sYOovu4iWGA Entertainment Tonight News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/12/69102/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFaTmQS7RQiKqnXEBx6QwPVyoytEA Dec 22, 2008
95295 126590 streptococcal We have applied new advanced methods of PK/PD system analysis to allow CEM-102's development as monotherapy for serious staphylococcal and streptococcal skin infections," said Paul G. Ambrose, Pharm.