- s characterized by or performed with much energy or force
- s taxing to the utmost; testing powers of endurance
a strenuous task
- Strenuous AmericansHappily, all the strenuous Americans herein arbitrarily assembled are dead.
- The exercises may not look like much--they generally require no equipment other than a mat and maybe a towel and some straps--and they may not feel that strenuous, but you know the .
- Bully for the strenuous life!I wish to preach, not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of the strenuous life.
News & Articles
- Summer temperatures arrive, experts offer tips on how to beat the heat
High body temperature: A body temperature of 104 F or higher is the main sign of heatstroke. Not sweating: In heatstroke brought on by hot weather, your skin will feel hot and dry to the touch. However, in heatstroke brought on by strenuous exercise, your skin may feel moist.
June 13, 2013 - The Longview News-Journal
- 1-minute hike: Eagle Rock in Big Moose Township
Difficulty: Moderate-strenuous. The 3-mile hike (1.5 miles from trailhead to summit) switchbacks up the slope of Big Moose Mountain. The trail becomes very steep in some areas, and in one particularly steep section, hikers are assisted by a wooden ladder and rope.
June 12, 2013 - Bangor Daily News
- Baseball: O'Connell credits 'senior leadership'
Braintree High School baseball Coach Bill O’Connell recently took some time, after a strenuous season, to reflect upon his squad’s highly successful year. “Our senior leadership and attitude was a big reason we had so much success this year,” said O’Connell. “Whether they (seniors) were in the lineup or not, they all supported the ‘team’ concept we set as our main goal for 2013.
June 12, 2013 - Braintree Forum
- Ban Ki-moon in Human Rights Watch (press release)
Ban called "in the most strenuous terms, on the Government of Myanmar to put its people's lives first."
- Ross Brawn in Bloomberg
The past few months have been extremely challenging for the team, but today's announcement is the very pleasing conclusion to the strenuous efforts that have been made to secure its future,Brawn, a 54-year-old Briton, said in an e- mailed...
- Jeremy Peace in Sport.co.uk (blog)
Peace told the club's official website: "We have made strenuous efforts all summer to persuade Jonathan to sign a new long term contract. I fact held more talks with him as recently as this week." "As always, Jonathan has been a model...