- s (of bone especially the temporal bone) resembling stone in hardness
- Holy Cross doctors took X rays which indicated stomach cancer, and incidentally showed a stonelike mass, 6 in.
- Truffles are underground mushroomsstonelike, spore-bearing fruit of fungi that live on tree roots.
- A Gentleman with a Duster spies him and makes these notes: "Tall ;rigidlean gray faceheavy-lidded eyesof an almost Asian deadnessupper lip projectsstonelike .
News & Articles
- Brain 'Stones' Found in Man with Celiac Disease
A young man in Brazil who suffered from throbbing headaches and vision problems for 10 years turned out to have stonelike buildups of calcium in his brain.
April 17, 2014 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News