- n reproducer in which two microphones feed two or more loudspeakers to give a three-dimensional effect to the sound
- n two photographs taken from slightly different angles that appear three-dimensional when viewed together
- s designating sound transmission from two sources through two channels
- Since stereo came along, the record industry has been haunted by the bogey of unplanned obsolescence: recordings that were big during the LP decade are now as dated as an .
- To the 1958 High Fidelity Music Show in Manhattan last week trooped more than 50,000 audiophiles who wanted to hear "the new dimension in sound," stereophonic records and.
- PTI's guide to music technology -- from file-sharing services to car audio to home stereo.
News & Articles
- 3D movie may have bettered man's sight
Bruce Bridgeman says he experienced greater stereo vision after watching the film "Hugo."
June 15, 2013 - CNN
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Martian North Pole
The north polar ice cap of Mars, presented as a mosaic of 57 separate images from the High Resolution Stereo Camera on ESA’s Mars Express. The ice cap spans approximately 1000 km and is seen here in polar stereographic projection. ...
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- In Utah, a 100-Mile Trek With a 4-Year-Old Boy
Abe carries the author's son Bodi up Red Knob Pass in Utah. We roared across the Wyoming-Utah border at sunset; windows down, stereo cranked, muffler cracked. Behind the wheel was a well-tattooed, pierced 24-year-old.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- America Ferrera in PopSugar.com (blog)
Honestly I never saw myself doing TV,says Ferrera, "but Salma was so convincing. Salma is the kind of person who could sell you, like, a used stereo. She promised me that it would be done in the right way, and I just trusted her."
- Sameera Reddy in Oneindia
It was actually director Buddhdeb Dasgupta who had taught me that I, as an actress, can also do a film other than the routine and typical stereo-typed Bollywood films, which do not offer any scope to actresses most of the time,Sameera says...
- Steve Jobs in Apple Insider
AirPort Express isn't just the world's first mobile 802.11g base station -- with the addition of AirTunes users can now play their iTunes music on any stereo in their home -- all without wires,said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "This innovative...