- s having very steep sides
- In early October they reached the rim of a secluded, steep-sided valley.
- With the coordinates logged into a GPS device, Ghaith and I walked carefully along a track winding through blossom-scented orange orchards at the bottom of a steep-sided brush .
- The Auk decided to plug Rommel at the neck of a funnel-the 35-mile gap between El Alamein on the coast and the northern tongue of the steep-sided, marsh-bedded Qattara Depression.
News & Articles
- Lewis River: A balance of power, pristine scenery
Few people remember the name Shirttail Canyon — or get to see what’s left of it. That was the name formerly given to the steep-sided canyon on the Lewis River where engineers in the 1920s chose to build Merwin Dam, the first of three dams erected on the river.
Oct. 13, 2013 - The Daily News