squeamish : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s excessively fastidious and easily disgusted
so squeamish he would only touch the toilet handle with his elbow
- This book is not for the squeamish, and if you're not squeamish, it will make you squeamish.
- KATHRYN HARRISON, author of the incest memoir The Kiss, read her latest confession at the ninth annual PENFaulkner dinner in Washington to a crowd of squeamish guests that .
- On the show, you seem squeamish when an animal is slaughtered.
News & Articles
- RoboRoach: A $99 Creepy-Crawly Cyborg You Control With Your Phone
Available to backers via Kickstarter today, and featured at TEDGlobal this week, the RoboRoach is a $99 kit consisting of electrodes, sensors, and a few batteries that allows anyone to drive their very own cockroach. Attaching the electronic "backpack" to an unwitting arthropod is not for the squeamish. You must sand down the top of the critter's head in order to attach a plug, "Exactly like the ...
June 10, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Winemakers resist nutritional labels
By Stacy Finz, San Francisco Chronicle Many in the wine industry are squeamish over new federal guidelines that give alcoholic beverage companies the ability to label their bottles voluntarily with nutrition facts. Winemakers aren’t worried that consumers will be scared off by calorie counts or [...]
June 9, 2013 - Lake Tahoe News
- Kanye West Won't Be In The Delivery Room With Kim Kardashian For Their Daughter's Birth (Report)
Kanye West reportedly doesn't want to be in the room with Kim Kardashian when she delivers their daughter. “He won’t be in the delivery room,” a source claimed to In Touch magazine. “He’s very squeamish and doesn’t want to be around blood. This is Kim’s worst nightmare.” The magazine also claims that West, who's album comes out June 18, is too busy and his schedule may get in the way of the ...
June 6, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Kevin Rudd in ABC Online
We've gone into some heavy weather of late and a few people have become, shall I say, a little squeamish at that,he said.
- Gordon Ramsay in Winsford Guardian
Ramsay explained he was rearing the animals in his back garden to produce veal: "We don't eat enough veal in this country, it's something we're too squeamish about - eating pink meat. So the children, apart from (being) traumatised on the back of...
- John Zogby in San Diego Union Tribune
Americans are getting squeamish. They are not hearing encouraging news or feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel,Zogby said.