- s having or as if having especially high-pitched spots
- During the opening of an exhibition of his latest spiky and delicate abstractions in Manhattan last week, Painter Jimmy Ernst was confronted by a visitor who with mock solemnity .
- He has been knighted and fted, of course (and honored by having a wondrously weird New Guinea spiky anteater named Attenborough's long-beaked echidna).
- Its first master was Osamu Tezuka, creator of iconic characters like Astro Boy; it was Tezuka who pioneered the "big eyes" style of Japanese illustration and inspired every spiky .
News & Articles
- Lehigh Valley Zoo debuts baby porcupine
It debuts prehensile-tailed baby porcupine bred as part of national survival program. Lehigh Valley Zoo marked Father's Day with a meet-and-greet of its spiky new resident — a prehensile-tailed porcupine.
June 16, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Prehistoric-Looking Horses Roaming China's Plains Again
The horses bear a striking resemblance to those depicted in European cave paintings with short necks, spiky manes and a yellow hue.
June 14, 2013 - Discovery News
- Björk Sports Wild Spiked Headpiece in Concert
Well, here's one way to look sharp! On the final leg of her "Biophilia" tour, Björk performed at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles—wearing none other than a spherical, spiky...
June 13, 2013 - E! Online
- Saddam Hussein in AFP
...salons are seeing similar signs of creativity from their patrons -- Hussein, a barber for 22 years who is dubbed Obama Hussein for his resemblance to the US president, said youngsters "come to me for a Spiky or a Spiral, hairstyles they...
- Ezra Klein in Patriot Post
Before he came to The Washington Post, blogger Ezra Klein wrote on Twitter, "F--- Tim Russert. F--- him with a spiky acid-tipped d---."
- Dhirubhai Ambani in Times of India
A lot of people say the world is flat. I think it is spikyAmbani said.