- s plausible but misleading
- They're asking for acquital, on the sophistical grounds that Carlos is under investigation for another four terrorist attacks.
- Well-informed, though often sophistical, he argues in a quiet conversational tone, with no attempt at oratory.
- All jaw and sophistical truth-aches is what ails The Condemned of Altona, at Lincoln Center's Beaumont Theater.
- Edgar Lee Masters in Examiner.com
Fehrenbacher notes that poet Edgar Lee Masters wrote in the 1920s that Lincoln was a "cold-hearted, under-sexed, intellectually lazy ...... sophistical, unscrupulous, demagogic politician."
- Thomas Jefferson in OpEdNews
As Jefferson wrote in 1817 to Dr. John Manners, "The evidence of this natural right, like that of our right to life, liberty, the use of our faculties, the pursuit of happiness is not left to the feeble and sophistical investigations of reason, but...