- a (of mountains) capped with a covering of snow
- Here on the flatland expanse at the base of the snow-capped Bridger Mountains, the brown and white beast walks guard duty amid a sea of much smaller brown and white woolly bodies.
- Looking up, I held the same view I had as I came out of the busthe valley, the snow-capped mountains and the sky locked in a trance so private that you could only watch and be .
- The determined Mujahedin guerrillas have been nurtured by grain from its verdant hills, water from its mountain streams and shelter within caves in the shadow of its snow-capped .
News & Articles
- In the Field: Becoming an Outdoors Woman
The noise was nearly deafening. That’s to be expected when 50 energized women gather for lunch. The mess hall is part of the Whiskey Mountain Conservation Camp about 10 miles outside Dubois. Torrey Creek meanders just a stone’s throw from the front porch, while snow-capped peaks rise off in the distance.
July 4, 2013 - Laramie Boomerang
- A Piece of My Mind: Don't build in fire zone
We've all seen the postcards: A beautiful snow-capped peak towering over a flower-filled meadow or a crystal clear lake framed in stately evergreens.
July 4, 2013 - The Altoona Herald-Index
- Guy Garvey in Glasgow Daily Record
Guy said: "We've just been recording some new material in Mull, which is the most beautiful place on Earth. It's a converted church by some snow-capped mountains on the edge of alake."
- Ranbir Kapoor in Deccan Herald
A nostalgic Kapoor says, "For the yahoo song, I rehearsed sliding down the snow-capped mountains of Kashmir with Saira Banu for three days and then gave the final take."
- Lembit Opik in Independent
Lembit Opik, the leader of the Liberal Democrats in Wales and the MP for Montgomeryshire, said: "Snow-capped Snowdon has been an iconic Welsh image for centuries. It is shocking to think that in just 14 years, snow on this great mountain could...