- n the act of smoking tobacco or other substances
- n a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion
- v inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes
- v emit a cloud of fine particles
- s emitting smoke in great volume
a smoking fireplace
- Another 2001 paper, in Circulation, found a nearly fivefold increase in the risk for heart attack in the first hour after smoking marijuanathough statistically that means .
- London Regional Transport banned smoking on buses, including the top smoking deck of double-deckers, in February 1991.
- After years of bombarding each other with flat denials and unflattering recriminations, the two sides in the smoking-and-lung-cancer controversy came close to sense-making .
- Paris Hilton in Times LIVE
It's not hard to fathom Paris smoking pot, it's the doing it in the midst of the world's biggest sporting event, in public, blatantly enough to get caught, part that made it dubious. Again, Paris is not dumb,the article said. "It doesn't...
- Amy Winehouse in FOXNews
The doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs, it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her,Mitch Winehouse told the Mirror. "There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She has 70 percent lung capacity."
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Each year, Americans pay nearly $100 billion in added health care costs due to smoking,Obama said today in an e- mailed statement.