- s resembling or reminiscent of silver
singing in her silvery tones
- s having the white lustrous sheen of silver
repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen
- s of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver
- In July you knew it would be so foggy you would not be able to see 10 feet in front of you, and so cold in the morning that the grass would be silvery-white with frost.
- Rather than a philosopher, he was a walking exclamation mark, a tight, craggy man with a halo of silvery hair and a jawbone that projected awesome willpower and a volcanic temper.
- Inside the rain forest, Van Roosmalen is an ethereal presence with his long, silvery-blond hair.
News & Articles
- Blueberry buttermilk tea cake
Makes one 9-inch loaf Big handfuls of fresh blueberries belong in a buttery cake, tender with buttermilk. The dark blue rounds float in this vanilla-scented batter and create juicy pockets of flavor. Their taste seems to concentrate during baking. When blues are fresh and plump, with a beautiful silvery sheen, the little rounds retain their shape and offer a mosaic ...
June 9, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Amit Chaudhuri in New Statesman
This was a neighbourhood in which, as Amit Chaudhuri wrote in his novel Afternoon Raag, the "Portuguese names - Pedro, DiSilva, Gonsalves - twang in the air like plucked, silvery guitar strings".
- Franz Liszt in Times Online
Franz Liszt wrote that Chopin "particularly cherished" Pleyel pianos "for their silvery and slightly veiled sonority and their lightness of touch".
- Kate Grenville in The Age
She was inclined to take it personally about the trees,writes Grenville, "wondering aloud that they did not know enough to be green, the way a tree should be, but a washed-out silvery grey so they always looked half dead. Nor were they a...