selflessly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in an altruistic manner
he acted selflessly when he helped the old lady in distress
- The story of the 188 men who selflessly defended the Texas bastion against a superior Mexican force in 1836 is the kind of tale Beck likes to tell and his audience loves to hear.
- At one end would be Beverly Hills Chihuahua and I salute every parent who gave selflessly of their time and money so that their children could see dogs in dresses.
- The youngest, the one who loves him most selflessly, resists the idea and is angrily banished from the realm.
News & Articles
- UC resident's selfless acts evident across the county
Many area residents are truly Angels on Earth, selflessly giving of their time and talents to help others in the community. The Messenger is honoring those people in a special series of articles.
June 15, 2013 - Union City Messenger
- Forgettable fathers: Tribute to a wise teacher of life lessons
Special to WorldTribune.com By Grace Vuoto Fathers are like the pillars of a bridge — no one notices them unless they are not there. They are indispensable, mostly in so far as they selflessly serve others. The role of a father is not glamorous. And his value is easily overlooked, until the day he is [...]
June 14, 2013 - World Tribune
- iFreedom Direct® Commemorates the U.S. Army's 238th Anniversary with an Infographic Honoring the 8 Living U.S. Army ...
Out of the 324 U.S. Army WWII Congressional Medal of Honor recipients, only eight remain living reminders of the valiant acts of heroism that took place to secure our country's freedom. From selflessly taking fire to save fellow soldiers to advancing the front line through single-handed combat, the actions of these eight U.S. Army Veterans are a testament to the branch's motto "This We'll Defend ...
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in New York Times
This is a tragic day for law enforcement officers everywhere,Mr. Schwarzenegger said. "All four officers dedicated their lives to public safety and selflessly worked to protect the people of Oakland."
- President Bush in Melbourne Herald Sun
They selflessly gave their own lives to protect their community,Mr Bush said. "These firefighters are true heroes who demonstrated great skill and courage. Their unwavering commitment to their neighbours and to the city of Charleston is an...