- s disdainfully or ironically humorous; scornful and mocking
his rebellion is the bitter, sardonic laughter of all great satirists"- Frank Schoenberner
- Traces of sardonic humor can still be found in his writing, but the cool phrases of the time are completely gone.
- The senator was treated to loud and sardonic laughter when he proposed legislation on same-sex marriage.
- Humor writers rely on offbeat characters and sardonic twists in language and that leaves the reader chuckling in delight.
News & Articles
- Artist to Watch: Waxahatchee
Band: Waxahatchee From: Birmingham, Alabama; now resides in Philadelphia Members: Katie Crutchfield Her sound: Her voice echoes the raw, sardonic, moody-girl attitude made so popular in the 1990?s by artists like Liz Phair, but Crutchfield puts a modern, melodic spin on her punchy, indie-pop sound. 3-Minute Bio: The 24-year-old began making music 10 years ago amid the DIY punk scene in ...
June 7, 2013 - Time Magazine
- Cramer: This Correction Is Long in the Tooth
Editor's Note: This article was originally published at 6:46 a.m. EDT on Real Money on June 6. To see Jim Cramer's latest commentary as it's published, sign up for a free trial of Real Money. NEW YORK (Real Money) -- I had only one laugh yesterday when I heard people asking, "Is this the start of the long-awaited correction?" I was laughing, of course, in a sardonic way because the truth is that ...
June 6, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Dennis Miller in Houston Chronicle
Listen,Miller says, "I've been a Marlboro-Man sardonic outlaw for so many years, I was enamored of anybody coming to me and pitching me an idea to be a more convivial, This Is Your Life, Ralph Edwards type, that I sucked it up like a sponge. It...
- Richard Patrick in Blabbermouth.net
Patrick describes the soaring anthem - with its U2/BOWIE flavor and stacked backdrop of buzzing electric guitars - as a "sardonic anti-war/pro-troops song."
- James Dickey in The Daily Citizen
One cannot read him without being touched by his sardonic yet compassionate countryman's voice, his hunter's irony,said author James Dickey.