- n any of several Old World shrubby broad-leaved willows having large catkins; some are important sources for tanbark and charcoal
- v cause to become sallow
The illness has sallowed her face
- s unhealthy looking
- On a weekend hiatus, Wood, Husband Robert Wagner (star of TV's Hart to Hart) and her leading mansallow and rangy Christopher Walken, 38headed for the sea.
- The only pictures of Mughniyah, 45, publicly available were a few grainy black and white snaps from the 1980s, portraying a serious, sallow-faced young man with a black pointed .
- In real life they looked small, sallow, extravagantly Vaselined, with poofter pompadours and funny shoes.
News & Articles
- Be the Picture of Health with Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream
Sponsored by Clinique The new Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream gives your skin a natural glow and sun protection. One day, your skin looks different . It’s more sallow, dull, grey and red. Our guiding dermatologists know why; skin tone changes. Related: Colour Me Summer with Clinique Now, our smart colour-correcting technology helps change it back in seconds. Lasting, oil-free hydration and ...
June 21, 2013 - StyleBistro
- HG Wells in Financial Times
HG Wells, who paid a propaganda visit on behalf of the British government in 1916, described the Dolomites as "grim and wicked, worn old mountains. They tower overhead in enormous vertical cliffs of sallow grey, with square jointings and occasional...
- Don Hewitt in Times Online
The debate producer Don Hewitt said: "Kennedy arrived looking handsome, tanned and well-tailored - like the cover of some movie star magazine. Nixon looked green and sallow."
- Phil Donahue in MSNBC
The first time I saw him will be with me forever - paralyzed from the chest down - he had that morphine look, droopy eyed, sallow, sunken, lifeless,Donahue writes in the director's notes to his movie. "Body of War is a film provoked by my...