- a living in or characteristic of farming or country life
large rural households
unpaved rural roads
an economy that is basically rural
- a of or relating to the countryside as opposed to the city
rural free delivery
- Rural Votes Are The Key To The Kingdom I think Dee Davis, President of the non-partisan Center for Rural Strategies, perfectly summed up the importance of rural vote yesterday in .
- The right Democratic Presidential candidate can cut into the huge Republican margins in rural America, but that candidate must understand that the mother lode is just one shovel .
- The only group vanishing faster than the population in rural America is its pastors, stranding farm congregations and challenging church leaders to find new models.
News & Articles
- Rural Potomac man making, fixing cigar box instruments
The rural Potomac shop that Tony Taylor built, mostly with salvaged materials and with a little help from a couple of friends, would make any motorist stop to take a look. POTOMAC — It's easy to miss the road leading to Tony Taylor's workshop — even though it's close to the village of Potomac. Going south out of town, the road is just past the second part of the S curve soon after you pass over ...
June 16, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Rural America posts first-ever loss in population
WASHINGTON — Living in a rural Nevada town, Moe Royels recalls a more bustling time years ago when retirees poured in to enjoy the warm desert climate, nearby casinos and quiet community. But soon boom turned to bust, and years after the recession ended, Royels still wonders if things will ever fully turn around in small towns like his.
June 15, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- NC rural agency makes questionable job claims
The N.C. Rural Economic Development Center has approved questionable loans while making job creation claims that aren't supported by facts, according to a newspaper's investigation.
June 15, 2013 - FOX Carolina
- Nicola Roxon in FOXNews
As a government, we understand the importance of having doctors working in our rural and regional communities and we support them in many ways and continue to do this,Roxon said.
- Morgan Tsvangirai in CNN International
What is happening today is not an election. It is an exercise in mass intimidation with people all over the country being forced to vote,Tsvangirai said. "In many rural areas and some urban areas, people were forced to spend the night in...
- Mitch McConnell in Forbes
Wyoming had no greater advocate, taxpayers had no greater watchdog, and rural America had no greater defender than Craig Thomas,Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday night. "The Senate is a lesser place without Craig here,...