- n a road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
the accident blocked all traffic at the rotary
- n electrical converter consisting of a synchronous machine that converts alternating to direct current or vice versa
- a relating to or characterized by rotation
- s describing a circle; moving in a circle
- Perfectly constructed, astonishingly fast and utterly besotted with technology, the big, gracious 7-series had but two flaws: The first was something called iDrive, a rotary dial .
- Most engineers agree that rotary engines will first become available on subcompacts and progress to larger-sized cars.
- Firemen ran an air hose down the well, began pumping air down by a rotary pump.
News & Articles
- Rotary Club raises $91K to help kids
The Rotary Club of Cincinnati and the Rotary Foundation of Cincinnati raised more than $91,000 at their second annual Believe 2 Achieve event on June 8.
June 16, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Rotary clubs, Doc Burnstein’s fight polio
A group of Central Coast Rotary Clubs will use Doc Burnstein’s Ice Cream to fight polio at a special event set for Thursday, June 20.
June 16, 2013 - The Adobe Press
- Saugus Rotary Club awards scholarships
The Saugus Rotary Club recently had its annual scholarship luncheon at Prince Restaurant. The Rotary Club is one of the largest distributors of scholarships for Saugus residents who are completing their senior year of high school and pursuing a college education. This year, the Rotary Club gave out $10,000 in scholarships to five seniors representing Saugus High School, Bishop Fenwick High ...
June 16, 2013 - Saugus Advertiser
- Bill Gates in AFP
The extraordinary dedication of Rotary members has played a critical role in bringing polio to the brink of eradication,said Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft and, with his wife, head of the Gates Foundation.
- Marie Andrews in Express Advocate Gosford
The program at Wyong was organised by rotarians from more than 12 Central Coast rotary clubs with generous support from community organisations and local,Ms Andrews said.
- Tim Pawlenty in Pioneer Press
Pawlenty said, "I'm going to be president, but I think it's going to be of something like the Eagan Rotary Club."