- n either of two yellow to red retinal pigments formed from rhodopsin by the action of light
- a in or relating to the retina of the eye
- Blind from a retinal disease by the time she was 13, Tenberken, who is German, studied for a master's degree in Tibetology at Bonn University and created Tibetan braille.
- In the late 1990s, the Bonn native, who was blinded by a congenital degenerative retinal disease, studied for a master's degree in Tibetology in her hometown.
- My retinal partner and I performed 159 cataract surgeries.
News & Articles
- Vision loss from retinal tears can be prevented
It's vital to see to an opthamologist if you begin seeing flashes of light or black specks in your vision. Retinal tears become more likely with age and can be repaired easily, but oftentimes putting off the procedure can make it more difficult.
June 15, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Scientists find one lab virus in millions that could improve gene therapy for retinal diseases
From millions of random mutations, scientists identify a virus that could make gene therapy for inherited retinal diseases safer and more effective. A new delivery mechanism shuttles gene therapy deep into the eye’s retina to repair damaged light-sensing cells without requiring a surgeon to put a needle through this delicate tissue. The approach could make [...]
June 12, 2013 - MedCity News
- Yissum Introduces a Novel Method for Diagnosing Retinal Micro-Aneurysms to Prevent Diabetic Retinopathy
Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Ltd., the technology transfer arm of the Hebrew University, introduces a novel method for detecting retinal micro-aneurysms that pose a high risk for leakage, an underlying cause of diabetic retinopathy.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Doyle in Ninemsn
You shook Crystal forcibly, and that caused or contributed to a haemorrhage of the brain and of the retinal and optic nerves,Justice Doyle said. "You threw Crystal forcibly to the floor. Her head made contact with enough force to fracture...
- Mary Schryer in Gov Monitor
This breakthrough is the greatest advancement in the 37-year history of the Foundation Fighting Blindness and the entire history of retinal degenerative disease research. We have achieved a critical milestone in curing a form of childhood... Gordon Gund http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Gund&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhYKCsA_dgkShelHIiRAx0G8xvfw PR Newswire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl%3FACCT%3D104%26STORY%3D/www/story/04-27-2008/0004800880%26EDATE%3D&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEop2Q7XvZMmm4oDSZ1xx-ZKT4XtA Apr 27, 2008
83386 110916 retinal Hundreds of New Brunswick residents will enjoy improved eyesight and quality of life with the availability of Lucentis through our publicly funded drug program, and hundreds more will benefit from receiving retinal surgery here in the...