- r with resignation and acceptance; in a resigned manner
resignedly, I telegraphed back that it was all right with me if he insisted
- r in a hopeless resigned manner
- The desert is encroaching on Gansu, and farmers watch the coming sands resignedly, staring into the distance before wiping the dust from their eyes and coaxing a life from the .
- Most Fleet Street editors sighed resignedly and sat back to wait until the Russian censor lifted the blackout.
- It is expected to support the government laws, even though"and he shrugged resignedly "it does not always agree with them.