- a of or relating to rabbis or their teachings
- This charming and thoughtful blog is the work of Rachel Barenblat, a rabbinic student who holds an MFA from Bennington and has written three chapbooks of poetry.
- According to rabbinic law, once the flour is combined with water, matzo dough must be kneaded, rolled and baked within 18 minutes otherwise it will begin to rise.
- Even then, one extremist, Rabbi Moshe Sternbuch, from the Eda Haredit rabbinic court, blamed the failure of Israel's campaign in Lebanon on "the homosexuals' obscenity and .
News & Articles
- The Maharat Movement
FORWARD EDITORIAL : The graduation of the first women from an Orthodox rabbinic school is a joyous revolution. It’s long past time for Orthodox women to blaze a trail to the future. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 13, 2013 - The Forward
- Shalom u-l’hitraot Connecticut rabbis move on
By Cindy Mindell Every summer, the Ledger surveys the rabbinic landscape of Connecticut to see who’s leaving the Nutmeg State. A follow-up article later this summer will introduce incoming clergy.... Read more »
June 12, 2013 - Jewish Ledger
- Burton L Visotzky in New York Times
In the rabbinic mind-set, he's guilty of two sins: one is theft, and the other is deception,said Burton L. Visotzky, a professor at the Jewish Theological Seminary.
- Rabbi Arthur Schneier in CNN International
He was always worried who's going to succeed him in his work, so I made a promise, which I've kept, to be ordained and devote my life to rabbinic service,Schneier said.
- Judy Chicago in St.Louis Jewishlight.com
Chicago said, "My father broke with that long rabbinic tradition by refusing to go to religious school as a child. However, I believe his choice to become a labor organizer is consistent with his Jewish values, since a rabbi told me that Moses...