- n a set of five similar things considered as a unit
- v increase fivefold
The population of China quintupled
- s having five units or components
- According to the CBO, federal spending on Medicare and Medicaid is projected to quintuple, from 4% of the economy in 2007 to 19% in 2082, if nothing changes.
- TV-radio preaching: a controversial billion-dollar industry Striding beside a quintuple-tiered bank of telephones, affable Pat Robertson, 49, tells his viewers,.
- In the aftermath of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster, the Kremlin insisted it would not back away from its ambitious plan to quintuple nuclear power output by the year 2000.
News & Articles
- Park wins 3rd major in a row
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. x2013 Is it time to start thinking up names?The Quintuple Slam? The V Slam? The Penta Slam?Inbee Park of South Korea methodically marched to history Sunday at seaside Sebonack Golf Club with an authoritative four-stroke victory in the 68th U.S. Womenx2019s Open, joining Babe Zaharias as the only players...
July 1, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Inbee Park wins U.S. Women's Open; 3rd major in a row
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. -- Is it time to start thinking up names? The Quintuple Slam? The V Slam? The Penta Slam?
June 30, 2013 - The Arizona Republic
- Manchester United v Porto preview
Just 48 hours after Federico Macheda’s ‘defining moment’, it’s Champions League time. Such is the life of quintuple chasers.
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Guus Hiddink in SkySports
They'd like to have the quintuple,said Hiddink. "It is very rare but they are on all roads, and that has to be respected how well they're doing it. We'd like to give some obstructions to their aims. That's rather normal. If we threw the...
- Ty Tryon in The Canadian Press
I'm glad to be in a good frame of mind,Tryon said. "Yesterday, if I'd hit those bad shots, I would have been frustrated. Bad things are going to happen. You've just got to deal with them. There have been a couple of quintuple-bogeys on the...