- v operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal
- v deliver forth
- v draw or pour with a pump
- v supply in great quantities
- v flow intermittently
- v move up and down
- v raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
- v question persistently
She pumped the witnesses for information
- s tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline
we were really pumped up for the race
he was so pumped he couldn't sleep
- BARBARA SAXAFPGetty Wednesday marked the second straight day that many European nations received but a trickle of Russian gas pumped via Ukrainian pipelines.
- When water was pumped deep into the Pre-Cambrian rock around the bottom of the well, he said, it lubricated the surfaces of vertical fractures, allowing the rock faces to slide .
- But they remain pumped about their prospects.
News & Articles
- Jaromir Jagr's Favorite Player Is Jaromir Jagr
David Krejci and Jaromir Jagr must be so pumped to play on the same team as their favorite player growing up.
June 16, 2013 - Deadspin
- Grocers allege potato group pumped up spud prices
Grocers allege potato group pumped up spud prices Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 6:54 am, Friday, June 14, 2013 BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A battle between grocers and potato growers has been silently hitting shoppers' pocketbooks, according to a U.S. wholesaler accusing America ...
June 14, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- The European Market for Pumped-storage Power Plants (Analyst Version)
DUBLIN, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w2nt4d/the_european ) has announced the addition of the "The European Market for Pumped-storage ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Carlos Zambrano in SI.com
I don't want to be pumped up,said Zambrano, prone to emotional outbursts. "I just want to be calm and let the moment come, let the game come and pitch my game. I don't want to be too excited. Sometimes when you are too excited, you're...
- Carlos Bocanegra in The Associated Press
It was pretty sweet driving through and people slapping the bus and the flags waving,captain Carlos Bocanegra said. "It gets us a little bit more pumped up. And it was pretty emotional."
- Joaquin Almunia in Sofia Echo
Commenting on the economic outlook, European Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner JoaquÃn Almunia said: "The situation has improved - mainly due to the unprecedented amounts of money pumped into the economy by central banks and public...