projectile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a weapon that is forcibly thrown or projected at a targets but is not self-propelled
- n any vehicle self-propelled by a rocket engine
- s impelling or impelled forward
a projectile force
a projectile missile
- Each GPS-guided projectile would contain about 1,000 tungsten rods that would strike the target at a mile a second (a fuse could spew them more widely across the ground, with less .
- What he probably meant was "drift," by which is meant the gyroscopic precessive motion of the projectile to the right of the plane of the initial trajectory.
- But I sympathize more with the toddlers whose bouts of playing with themselves, feces hurling and projectile vomiting are being recorded, page by gigabyte, for posterity.
News & Articles
- Costa Rican Soccer Player Gets Smoked by Bottle During World Cup Qualifier
He doesn ’t always drink Dasani— but when he does , he prefers not to consume it as a projectile. Costa Rica’s Bryan Ruiz was setting up to hook in a corner kick during the 79th minute of Tuesday night’s World Cup Qualifying match against Mexico but ended up nearly hooking down a bottle thrown from the crowd ( via NextImpulseSports ). The game was tied 0-0, and the sap was rising in the crowd at ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Fireworks Preparations For July
CLEAR LAKE, IA - We still have a few weeks before July 4th, and if fireworks are in your plans authorities say, be ready. In Iowa, projectile fireworks are banned but still seem to find their way into celebrations each year.
June 12, 2013 - KIMT Mason City
- Our view: We needed a good slap
Mother Nature shot a projectile named Andrea across our bow only six days into hurricane season. Its trail stirred up some precipitation and wind and gave many of us a needed slap-in-the-face.
June 9, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Robert Gates in Forbes
Offering some of the first public details of evidence the military has collected, Gates said, "I think there's some serial numbers, there may be some markings on some of the projectile fragments that we found," that point to Iran.
- Greg Hunt in Sydney Morning Herald
The vehicle carrying the Australians was stopped by an explosive device, they then changed vehicles and it was in a second vehicle as they left that they were struck by some form of projectile, a rocket propelled grenade or something similar,...
- Winston Churchill in MSNBC
While we are not suggesting that modern humans were directing projectile weapons against Neanderthals, it is certainly possible that at times they did so,Steven Churchill, co-author of one of the papers, told Discovery News.