- r in a pompous manner
he pompously described his achievements
- From the outset he pompously made it clear that his country would stomach no further insults of the drunken Shah variety.
- Whereupon Wal dressed them all up as clergymen in surplices and paraded them through the grounds before a huge white cloth elephant, which they pompously mourned as dead.
- Two thousand pompously arrayed Chinese witnessed the marriage, in Shanghai last week, of the defeated but honorably esteemed Marshal Chiang Kaishek, resigned generalissimo of .
News & Articles
- Beneath the Spin: Rev. Marvin Winans … Don’t Just Preach Us A Sermon, Live Us One
*When I first heard that Rev. Marvin Winans (of the gospel-singing Winans klan) refused to receive and Bless a child before his congregation because the child was born out of wedlock, I thought it was just another one of those ridiculous urban legends, because no Black minister could be that pompously out of touch with […]
Oct. 31, 2013 - EURweb
- Lennart Johansson in ESPN
In a speech to the Congress ahead of Thursday's vote, UEFA president Lennart Johansson argued that G14 was looking to "flout the fundamental principles of democracy by pompously proclaiming themselves to be 'the voice of the clubs'."
- Mahesh Bhatt in KalingaTimes
This will help it to climb down from the moral high ground on which it conveniently and pompously perches itself,Bhatt told IANS.
- Wayne Swan in NEWS.com.au
To pompously declare Australia's 'debt-free day' on the day our foreign debt hits half a trillion dollars requires a level of complacency verging dangerously close to delusion,Mr Swan said.