politely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a polite manner
the policeman answered politely, `Now look here, lady...'
- But most of them listened impassively as police politely told them they were arrested; then they picked up their packs and boarded the waiting buses for the 25-minute ride to .
- He will add politely that he considers himself lucky that he can do what he's most passionate about and still make a living.
- In recent weeks, the world has been politely standing by and watching how things play out with the fiscal stimulus and latest bank-bailout plans in Washington.
News & Articles
- NASCAR: Hendrick believes he found a gem in Chase Elliott
Rick Hendrick's last foray into developing young talent resulted in 52 rebuilt race car frames and one solemn promise. The most powerful team owner in NASCAR politely would skip sinking his millions into grooming the stock-car stars of the future. That was before he met Chase Elliott - whom he signed to Hendrick Motorsports' first developmental deal in six years.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- 3 Reasons Why 'No' Should Be An Entrepreneur's Favorite Word
Sorry might be the hardest word - at least according to Elton John - but no runs a close second. When you're starting out as a fledgling entrepreneur, no can seem downright impossible. Who are you to turn down work or pass up opportunity? The fact is that saying no actually makes savvy business sense and can boost your bottom line. Here are three reasons to politely refuse what's on offer:
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- John McCain applauds Tim Cook for automatic app updates in iOS 7
Back in May, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Apple CEO Tim Cook , after grilling him on Apple's tax practices, why he constantly finds himself needing to update the apps on his iPhone. "What I really wanted to ask," said McCain in a lighthearted moment, "is why the hell do I have to keep updating apps on my iPhone all the time?" Cook smiled politely and responded, "We're trying to make things ...
June 11, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Alexi Giannoulias in The Associated Press
Giannoulias said he voluntarily talked to federal investigators about the meeting between Jarrett and Balanoff, but "they politely sent me on my way," because there was nothing noteworthy about it.
- Al Sharpton in Forbes
This man has better manners than his predecessor. Let's see if we have better policy ...... because we're not just interested in being treated politely,Sharpton said. "We're interested in being treated fairly and rightly."
- Thom Yorke in Reuters
Directing his anger at Hands, Yorke added: "To be digging up such bull----, or more politely airing yer dirty laundry in public, seems a very strange way for the head of an international record label to be proceeding."