- r in such a manner as to make something clearly evident
he pointedly ignored the question
- As Premier, Wen has guided China's tectonic economy, supporting continued economic reform and growth but also pointedly calling for greater emphasis on social equality for those .
- Pamuk, already the most famous author in contemporary Turkey (Snow; The Black Book), became a global cause celebre early last year after he pointedly criticized his country's all .
- There the militiamen were surrounded and isolatedand for the rest of the macabre night pointedly ignored by the marauders.
News & Articles
- Dodgers, D'backs feud not over; Puig scratched
Don Mattingly stopped pointedly short of proclaiming the bad blood between his Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks over one day after the teams brawled fiercely at Dodger Stadium.
June 13, 2013 - Orange County Register
- Database helps track church scammers
How can ministries track people – more pointedly, scammers – who repeatedly ask churches for handouts?
June 7, 2013 - The Wilmington Star-News
- Donald Trump in FOXNews
To be exact, she said that 'working with her [O'Donnell] is like living in hell' and, more pointedly, 'Donald, never get into the mud with pigs' and 'don't worry, she won't be here for long,'Trump wrote. "Barbara knows exactly what she...
- President Bush in San Francisco Chronicle
I fully understand that there will be a Russian style democracy. I don't expect Russia to look like the United States,Bush said. "As Vladimir pointedly reminded me last night, we have a different history, different traditions."
- Jim Sutton in Stuff.co.nz
That obviously still rankled very much. In my first meeting with him he very pointedly observed that he felt the United States should use trade policy to advance its wider interests,Mr Sutton said.