- r in an open way
he openly flaunted his affection for his sister
- Ultimately, many military officers believe, openly gay men and women will be allowed to serve in uniform, but it's just not going to happen very quickly.
- I promise to practice my religion openly and consistently, but without ostentation, and to so conduct myself in public affairs, and in the exercise of public virtue as to reflect .
- After Harvey Milk became the first openly gay man elected to any substantial political office in the history of the planet, thousands of astounded people wrote to him.
News & Articles
- MLS, union partner on anti-discrimination campaign
Major League Soccer and its players' union are partnering in an anti-discrimination campaign, a move less than a month after Robbie Rogers signed with the Los Angeles Galaxy and became the first openly ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Openly Gay 11-Year Old Marcel Neergaard Takes a Stand Against Bullying (Video)
Marcel Neergaard, an 11-year old boy from Tennessee, is openly-gay. After continued threats from bullies at school caused him to switch to home-schooling, he has decided to speak out against anti-gay legislation in his state. The year Neergaard left public school, the “Classroom Protection Act,” also known as the "Don't Say Gay Bill" was introduced in the Tennessee state legislature “to prevent ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Openly Gay Justice Nominee Goes Off Script to Thank Partner, Kids
In the oft-boring and emotionless world of Senate committee hearings to consider nominations, it's rare for a human moment to break through; but Stuart F. Delery, President Barack Obama's openly gay nominee to be the assistant attorney general for the Civil Division of the Department of Justice, got his moment Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Gen Peter Pace in CBS 3
In part, Marine Gen. Peter Pace said: "Saying that gays should serve openly in the military to me says that we by policy would be condoning what I believe is immoral activity."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Telegraph.co.uk
A China that has made enormous progress economically and is emerging to take its rightful place in global leadership should examine openly the darker events of its past,said Mrs Clinton, the US secretary of State, in a rare criticism.
- Bud Selig in CNN
I look forward to receiving his report and findings so that we can openly address any issue associated with past steroid use,Selig said in a statement. "We currently have a testing program that is as good as any in professional sports, and...