- r in an anxiously nervous manner
we watched the stock market nervously
- r with nervous excitement
our bodies jumped nervously away at the slightest touch
- Twenty police, nervously eying a growing mob of 20,000 Africans demanding to be arrested, barricaded themselves behind a 4-ft.
- In the midst of the harrowing violence, King nervously uttered the phrase that would forever be synonymous with him and the riot: "Can we all just get along?".
- Eluding rebel kidnapers, and nervously fingering a Sterling submachine gun, the Sultan escaped to a police station.
News & Articles
- Can you spot a liar at work?
Can you spot a liar at work? by Anita Bruzzese Gannett Published Jun 16, 2013 12:41AM MDT You might think you can detect a fibber by reading body language. Obviously, the weird guy who never makes eye contact or the woman who nervously chews her lower lip are showing signs they are lying, right? But what about your best work buddy who hangs out with you on weekends and threw you a surprise ...
June 16, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Mostly Cloudy
Thirty soldiers with the 30th Infantry Brigade in Conway left for Afghanistan last September as a part of a security forces mission. Those waiting at their return fidgeted with flags, nervously used them as fans and made casual conversation while they waited.
June 15, 2013 - KARK Little Rock
- Palmyra High School does rain dance for graduation
PALMYRA — Up until about 15 minutes before the Palmyra High School graduating class was set to line up for its procession, Principal Joseph Martin was still nervously checking the weather on his phone
June 15, 2013 - Burlington County Times
- Adam Sandler in NewsOXY
Rock, all of a sudden, starts going, 'And what's with this Bill Cosby?' Everyone's like nervously laughing,Adam Sandler said in a statement. "He went on an anti-Bill Cosby five minute run. The crowd was all people from Queens. They just...
- Eduardo Romero in USA Today
When you put the ball on the tee, you're shaking (nervously) because you never know what happens,said first-day leader Eduardo Romero, who shot a 1-under 71 to move to 2 under for the tournament. "You can make seven or eight or three, you...
- Luis Aragones in International Herald Tribune
We had a lot of luck that they were left with a player less so early,Spain coach Luis Aragones said. "I don't understand that second half that we played. We played too nervously, and we can't play like that."