namely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Hotspot reporters know the risks, but they're also used to thinking that what they do for a living, namely, tell their stories to millions of people, is more valuable than anything .
- Akinola personifies the epochal change in the Christian church, namely that the leadership, influence, growth and center of gravity in Christianity is shifting from the northern .
- Her answer confirmed what I have known now for 40 years--namely, that we are sexual beings from birth until death.
News & Articles
- The secrets behind baseball's walk-up music
Because he was in a slump last June, Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford made some adjustments to his approach at the plate. Namely, he switched his walk-up music to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger." His batting average jumped 20 points in the second half.
June 16, 2013 - The Troy Record
- Virtual U.S. Congress: a practical, plausible way to save millions in waste
The very notion of telecommuting has been present in the mainstream white-collar workplace now for well over a decade. Yet for one of the worst offenders in padding operating and travel expenses, namely the U.S. Congress, the notion of mentioning telecommuting seems to be downright sinful. One would think that these calls for a "virtual Congress" come from watchdog groups of various political ...
June 15, 2013 - BetaNews
- Ask Slashdot: Neurofeedback At Home, Is It Possible?
New submitter sker writes "Mind hackers, self-help junkies, even regular people have heard wild promises of the power of neurofeedback — namely the process of watching a visual representation of your own brain's activity to influence what your brain is doing. Folks are using it to cure ADHD, PTSD, or even to supposedly improve mindfulness meditation. Previously the sole domain of costly hospital ...
June 15, 2013 - Slashdot
- Sir Menzies Campbell in Independent
And Sir Menzies added: "The political context of course has got to be what the Prime Minister said following his visit to Toronto and the G20 - namely that he expected British troops to be out by 2015."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Hindustan Times
Clinton said stabilisation of civilian democracy and the rule of law are "essential to the efforts that the Pakistanis themselves see as so critical; namely, preventing extremism and violence from stalking the Pakistani people and the country."