- r in a monotonous manner
the history of the play throughout the latter part of the eighteenth century is monotonously uneventful
- What must be said is that the new movie is simply awful: poorly structured, vulgarly written, insipidly directed, monotonously performed.
- The Communist Party Congress a great hive of angry bees which have been droning monotonously at Moscowtook drastic action, last week, and expelled from the party 98 .
- Chandu monotonously rescues them from his clutches to which they monotonously return.
News & Articles
- Have We All Become Desensitized to Miguel Cabrera's Dominance Post-Triple Crown?
Miguel Cabrera is so consistently, monotonously, routinely great year in and year out, there's really only one word to appropriately describe his production. Boring. That's right. What Cabrera is doing so far in 2013, a season in which he's actually (gasp) been better than last year's American League MVP-winning and Triple Crown-capturing campaign, is so very remarkably...boring. Sure, the ...
June 26, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner in MercoPress
Precisely on the issue Mrs. Kirchner asked from those who inform "not to create a feeling that does not exist," saying that "the stories are not always the same, they are not repeated monotonously."
- Alexander Rodchenko in guardian.co.uk
In a 1921 pamphlet, Rodchenko wrote that "the evolution of colour has passed through only two stages: from grey to brown, then from brown to pure colour and back again, in monotonously regular alteration".
- Anatole Kaletsky in BBC News
Anatole Kaletsky says that a Rip Van Winkle who woke to see Mr Brown deliver his statement would see "a bored-looking accountant, droning his way monotonously through long lists of meaningless figures".