- r involving metabolism
metabolically important substances
- When they're overexposed or stimulated at too high a level for too long a duration, they end up being metabolically exhausted.
- On the ground or especially in the low-oxygen environment of the oceans, mercury is consumed by bacteria that add a bit of carbon to convert it to methylmercury, a metabolically .
- The idea is that outside of other genetic and environmental risk factors for obesity, children appear to become metabolically imprinted, or pre-programmed, for obesity by being .
News & Articles
- Does diet soda actually make you gain weight?
One psychologist says non-calorie sweeteners can make you "metabolically deranged"Are you "metabolically deranged"? According to Susan Swithers, a psychologist at Purdue University in Indiana, you might be if you consume diet foods and drinks. Though one might think that non-calorie sweeteners can satiate our desire for sweetness while saving us from the high cost of sugar — i.e. calories ...
July 12, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- Prostate Cancer Risk Associated With Intake Of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute confirmed a link between high blood concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids and an increased risk of prostate cancer. Researchers found that high concentrations of EPA, DPA and DHA, three anti-inflammatory and metabolically related fatty acids, are associated with a 71 percent ...
July 11, 2013 - redOrbit