manfully : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a manful manner; with qualities thought to befit a man
having said her say Peggy manfully shouldered her burden and prepared to break up yet another home
- John McCain has manfully admitted that he doesn't know much about economics.
- He strides manfully forward, his eye on the horizon thus never noticing the open manhole he's about to step into.
- In the decade since, Hussein has struggled manfully to develop his little land; today he happily supplies Yemen's royalists with money and munitions to stave off a Nasser victory .
News & Articles
- AFC Wimbledon Manager Neal Ardley Soaked by Sprinklers During Live Interview
AFC Wimbledon manager Neal Ardley was the victim of a vicious sprinkler attack during a live interview on Sky Sports News. Ardley was explaining the merits of three intense weeks of training for his League Two side when the sprinklers came on at the Cherry Red Records Stadium. He carries on manfully to finish his answer to the reporters' question, but once Sky Sports News' Adam Leventhal asks ...
Nov. 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Paul Jewell in Times Online
Paul Jewell, the Wigan manager, added: "We played well, it was backs-to-the-wall stuff. We defended manfully - something we haven't always done this season. I always thought there'd be some twists and turns and it's an amazing achievement. We've...
- Michael Voss in Melbourne Herald Sun
I'm not too sure what to feel,Voss said. "I said to them, 'If you bring that level of effort every week you will be able to match it with the best'. To a man, they battled manfully, right throughout the whole game. But also I am extremely...