luridly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in a lurid manner
it was luridly described in the book as the place where mystics took refuge
- In Tagalog, halo-halo means "mix-mix" and that's exactly what this luridly colored dessert is: cooked fruit, candy, sweetened pulses, sugared cereals, ice cream, jellyin fact .
- A small shelf of luridly written, fiercely dogmatic books purport to document and explain it.
- It displays a bright-red body stocking in its window; inside, it's almost like a party-supplies store, with its luridly colored feathers, fake flowers and faux fur.
News & Articles
- A horrifying and darkly humorous ‘Act of Killing’
The Act of Killingis among the most profound, formally complex, and emotionally overpowering documentaries I've ever seen. It's also, by turns and sometimes at once, luridly seductive and darkly comic and physically revolting — a movie that makes you want to laugh and cry and retch and run out of the theater, both to escape the awful things the film is showing you and to tell everyone you ...
July 23, 2013 - The Register Citizen
- Alan Cumyn in Toronto Star
Ottawa-based author Alan Cumyn called Snow Falling on Cedars "a very mainstream book" about a serious issue. "It is not at all beyond today's high school students, and it's not luridly done and it's not pornographic in any way. It falls...