laughably : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r so as to arouse or deserve laughter
her income was laughably small, but she managed to live well
- But now that you can IM, e-mail or text pretty much anyone immediately, the Victorian practice seems laughably outmoded, right? Not so, according to a growing number of enthusiasts .
- A laughably messianic invitation (issued as a slab of metal bearing the restaurant's name, but with no address or other details enclosed) summoned hundreds of what one would only .
- The instructions were laughably inaccuratemore a parody than a planbut not recognizing that, Padilla took them to Abu Zubaydah and other al-Qaeda planners and said he wanted .
News & Articles
- Bold Analyst Call Says This Sector is an 'Immediate Buy'
Most of the time, analysts make calls that are either pitifully late or laughably safe. I mean, is it really a bold call to downgrade Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) after it has already fallen 30%? Or, how about ...
July 4, 2013 - StreetAuthority Network via Yahoo! Finance
- Even glitter can't save the 'Disco Revolution'
Its priceless clips from the disco era aside, “The Secret Disco Revolution” laughably fails to turn Barry White and Donna Summer into the Che Guevara and Emma Goldman of the dance floor. Jamie Kastner’s documentary purports to take disco’s meaning seriously, but if so, why does it rely...
June 28, 2013 - New York Post