- Conservation measures are laudably thorough: materials are recycled or derived from sustainable sources, hot water is solar-powered, energy-saving devices are used and community .
- The prime mover of Hong Kong's environmental community is laudably bright of eye, considering she has just stepped off a plane from London, where she attended a meeting of the C40 .
- But leaders who nurture democracy and freedom who allow folks to make their own choices rather than dictating them from on high are being laudably humble, an attitude that .
News & Articles
- Problem Solved: We Shall Be The Washington Rednecks
If the Washington football team's controversial name is, in fact, a tribute to Native Americans, as team owner Dan Snyder has suggested , then maybe the team could just as laudably be called the Washington Rednecks—a now-derogatory word that was once used as a more complimentary term for striking coal miners.
Nov. 8, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Dennis Kucinich in Washington Post
The new administration . . . under Governor Martin O'Malley had laudably taken the initiative,said Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-Ohio), chairman of a subcommittee that has investigated the failings of the system nationwide since the death of...
- John Cornyn in Houston Chronicle
It laudably seeks to improve our energy efficiency and encourage alternative sources,Cornyn said. "But, it does little to address some of the most current and pressing needs, like increasing our domestic supply of energy. It would also...
- Olympia Snowe in New York Times (blog)
Laudably, the provision is aimed at reducing gaming that can take place by S Corp. owners shifting income away from compensation and to 'dividends' that are not subject to payroll tax,Ms. Snowe said in a statement. "However, this is a...