- n key for raising or drawing back a latch or opening an outside door
- Because of her propensity for bestowing her latchkey on attractive strangers ("It's so hard to know what to give a man"), the lady snares dissolute Nathan Gifford (Eliot Cabot).
- The sightseers also heard about Harlem's "latchkey children" whose working mothers turn them loose during the day with keys on a string around their necks.
- Economists warned in 1999 that working parents had 22 fewer hours of family time than they did 30 years before, which set off alarms about neglected latchkey children growing up .
News & Articles
- East China approves school budget
The East China Board of Education approved the proposed 2013-14 general operating, cafeteria, and latchkey budgets during their June board meeting.
June 21, 2013 - The Voice