- n the basic unit of money in Angola
- n a festival featuring African-American culture; celebrated between Christmas and New Year
- These days a dollar will buy more than 1,500 kwanza on the black market, or 50 times as much as at the official exchange rate.
News & Articles
- Atlanta may press pause on temporary parking lot permits in Castleberry Hill
Castleberry Hill's temporary parking lots - which every year offer parking to thousands of people who attend major events Downtown - may soon be put on hold as the city takes another look at its permit process. Atlanta City Councilmembers Michael Julian Bond, Kwanza Hall, and Cleta Winslow are introducing a new ordinance that would put a moratorium on those lots into place, stopping the city ...
July 2, 2013 - Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Gilbert Arenas in Washington Post
I know time frames are dicey, but they said anywhere from mid December to January 1, I'll be back by then at 100 percent,Arenas posted in the entry. "I should be, if everything goes well. So that's the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza present I'm...
- Nick Fazekas in Nevada Appeal
I'd say so,Fazekas said when asked if this was the most comfortable he's felt since his ankle injury. "Coach (Kwanza) Johnson told me it looked like I had a little pop in my step. That gave me confidence. I haven't had much lift the last...