jacquard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n French inventor of the Jacquard loom that could automatically weave complicated patterns (1752-1834)
- n a highly figured fabric woven on a Jacquard loom
- n a loom with an attachment for forming openings for the passage of the shuttle between the warp threads; used in weaving figured fabrics
- His forte is fabric research: light as air mohair jacquard and organza bonded cotton.
- Richly colored bedding from Rajboori combines jacquard weaves with geometric patterns and uses an exclusively developed silk, derived via a sustainable process that leaves .
- Duke Ellington's jazz floats from the bedroom, and Sam's latest purchase, a gold jacquard smoking jacket, hangs behind the door.
News & Articles
- Wish List: Thom Browne’s Rugby Jacquard Overcoat
While the price of this lustrous Jacquard coat immediately relegates it to a Pinterest board rather than our closets, it doesn't stop us from appreciating all of its gorgeous details. To start, the streaks of crimson and navy neatly stacked in rugby-regulation width, the perfectly sized notched lapel, and the ... More »
Aug. 28, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Selena Gomez Charms ‘Getaway’ Premiere With Ethan Hawke [Video]
Selena Gomez charmed the red carpet at the premiere of her new movie Getaway just 24 hours after winning the Best Pop Video award at MTV’s Video Music Awards in Brooklyn, New York. Ditching her VMA Versace for a structured, Vera Wang cocktail dress with butterfly peplum, rose-jacquard bodice and lace detail, the 21-year-old looked... Read more » Selena Gomez Charms ‘Getaway’ Premiere With Ethan ...
Aug. 28, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Diane von Furstenberg in ABC News
It is sunset on the Nile ...... feminine and powerful, she fluidly moves from a jacquard wrap dress to a black zebra applique mini,von Furstenberg said in her notes to the audience at Bryant Park that included actresses Blake Lively and...
- Erin McKean in Christian Science Monitor
We have one text from 1870 that has the word 'chad' a lot, because it's about Jacquard [weaving] looms, which used to be run on punch cards,McKean explains. "They had the same chad problems as the Florida ballots."