jackrabbit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large hare of western North America
- v go forward or start with a fast, sudden movement
- One recent day, as cold winds whistled across the jackrabbit badlands and swirled outside his cramped office, Nettleton kindled yet another cigarette, propped his scuffed cowboy .
- Some truly venerable curmudgeons share Ring Lardner's view that they really ruined the game when they introduced the jackrabbit ball during the Babe's heyday to make home runs .
- Their appeal lies in jackrabbit speed and smooth riding.
- Pat Casey in Bend Bulletin (registration)
We called him Jackaby; it kind of tied into his ability to run like a jackrabbit,Casey said.
- Bronko Nagurski in TricitiesSports.com
Hall of Famer Bronko Nagurski said of Beattie that "watching him run reminded me of watching a jackrabbit in a cornfield with a hound chasing him. He would change his pace and his direction all the time. He also stayed close to his interference....
- Jenna Johnson in GoVolsXtra
I was kind of out like a jackrabbit,Johnson said. "That was what I did. I had to get out (fast) because I wasn't a good finisher. I usually, like a piano would fall on my back and I would struggle the last few strokes. Christine doesn't...