iwo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of Iwo Jima in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
News & Articles
- Commemorate The Troops With A Bottle Of “Honor the Fallen Cabernet”
Personal Wine is pleased to announce the launch of its signature wine, a tribute to all the service men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice while serving their country. The “Honor the Fallen Cabernet” is a bold Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon that depicts one of the most iconic moments in America’s history, Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima, with a portion of the proceeds benefitting the ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Training at Iwo Jima a hazard for U.S. pilots
By The Associated Press, The Associated Press IOTO, Japan — Iwo Jima is a training site like no other. The rugged volcanic crag was one of the most iconic battlegrounds of World ...
June 9, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Amid safety fears, US Navy jets train on Iwo Jima
Iwo Jima is a training site like no other.
June 7, 2013 - Fox News
- Spike Lee in News1130
He did two films about Iwo Jima back to back and there was not one black soldier in both of those films,Lee said Tuesday in Cannes, where he was a judge in an online short-film competition. "Many veterans, African-Americans, who survived...
- Clint Eastwood in FOXNews
I was wondering what American veterans of the battle of Iwo Jima would think of 'Letters From Iwo Jima,' because most of, a lot of them probably had very bad experiences on that island,Eastwood, 76, said at a news conference.