- n a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
News & Articles
- Rugby-Italy's Castrogiovanni joins Toulon from Leicester
PARIS, June 14 (Reuters) - Italy prop Martin Castrogiovanni has joined European champions Toulon from English side Leicester, the two clubs said on Friday. The 31-year-old, who was born in Argentina but has captained Italy, has played 146 matches in seven years with the Leicester Tigers, winning four English Premiership titles and the Player of the Year award in 2006-07. "He will be remembered ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Italy Says No More Fiscal Cuts
A deeper-than-expected recession is hurting Italy's public finances but it can still keep the budget deficit below 3 percent.
June 14, 2013 - CNBC
- Italy will "absolutely" meet 2013 deficit target - minister
ROME (Reuters) - Italy will "absolutely" meet its pledge to European Union partners to keep its budget deficit below 3 percent of output this year, Economy Minister Fabrizio Saccomanni said on ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Bert van Marwijk in The Associated Press
We have witnessed it before in the past,he said. "Think about two years ago in Austria and Switzerland. We beat Italy and France and everybody already thought we would become European champions. But we didn't even survive the quarterfinals...
- Sergio Marchionne in The Associated Press
The contents of the plan that you know well foresees concentrating large investments in the country, to increase the number of cars produced in Italy and to see exports grow,Marchionne wrote in the four-page letter.
- Jean-Claude Trichet in FXstreet.com The Forex Market
The President also told reporters that, "Indicators suggest that a strengthening in economic activity took place during the spring. Recent industrial production data from Italy and France have also confounded fears of a Eurozone slowdown."