isi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the Pakistan intelligence agency; a powerful and almost autonomous political and military force; has procured nuclear technology and delivery capabilities; has had strong ties with the Taliban and other militant Islamic groups
- The ISI nominally falls under the purview of the Prime Minister, but on this occasion the civilian government merely gave formal approval to a decision by the military leadership.
- It is well known that Islamist elements in the isi were assisting the Taliban under the government of Nawaz Sharif.
News & Articles
- ISI Telemanagement Solutions, Inc. to Demo “Think Outside The Box” Solutions at Cisco Live
ISI Telemanagement Solutions, Inc. will be challenging Cisco Live attendees to “Think Outside the Box” by exhibiting updated telecom management initiatives at this year’s Cisco Live in Orlando. (Booth 436) (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10847049.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Morgan Stanley UK Regulatory Announcement: FRN Variable Rate Fix
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As Agent Bank, please be advised of the following rate determined on: 18/06/2013 Issue ¦ Morgan Stanley - Series 4866 USD 10,000,000 Credit Linked FRN due 20 Jun 2016 ISIN Number ¦ XS0631910519 ISIN Reference ¦ 63191051 Issue Nomin USD ¦ 10000000 Period ¦ 20/06/2013 to 23/09/2013 Payment Date 23/09/2013 Number of Days ¦ 95 Rate ¦ 2.22225 Denomination USD ¦ 1000000 ¦ ...
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire
- Why Syrian Rebels Have Their Own Internal Civil War
June 17, 2013: The head of al Qaeda (bin Laden successor Ayman al Zawahiri) has declared the recent merger of the new (since January) Syrian Jabhat al Nusra (JN) with the decade old Islamic State in Iraq (ISI) as unacceptable and ordered the two groups to remain separate.
June 17, 2013 - Strategy Page
- David Petraeus in Economic Times
There are no questions about the longstanding lengths. Let's remember that we funded the ISI to build these organisations when they were the Mujahideen and helping to expel the Soviets from Afghanistan,he added.
- President Bush in The Australian
But according to Mr Mukhtar, Mr Bush told the Pakistani Prime Minister that this could not be provided "because certain elements of the ISI are leaking information to the terrorists before they could be hit by the US or Pakistani forces".
- Pervez Musharraf in International Herald Tribune
ISI is a disciplined force, breaking the back of al-Qaida,Musharraf told the broadcaster, claiming his intelligence service had secured the arrests of 680 suspected terrorists.