inversely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in an inverse or contrary manner
- Except for a brief spike at the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, President Bush's approval rating has seen a steady decline that is clearly inversely related to the rise in .
- An expert in optics suggested that tiny inversely distorted mirrors could correct the images, but nobody could figure out how to fit them into the hard-to-reach space inside.
- And she has so recently found an effective political voice, sounding a populist trumpet throughout Pennsylvania and Indiana with an energy that seems inversely related to the .
News & Articles
- Treasuries, shares resuscitate; Fed still weighs
By Angela Moon NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries and global equities managed to claw back from steep losses on Monday, with the price of the 30-year bond turning higher late in the day, though Wall Street stocks still finished lower as investors remained nervous that the U.S. Federal Reserve could soon pare back its bond purchase program. Yields on U.S. Treasuries, which move inversely to ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Treasurys extend slide on Fed policy; 10-yr: 2.64%
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Treasurys continued to sell off in Asia and Europe Monday, pushing haven government debt yields up to their highest levels since 2011. Treasurys have been selling off since the Federal Reserve indicated it may began winding down its bond-purchase program later this year if data continue to show economic growth. The 10-year note yield, which moves inversely to price, was ...
June 24, 2013 - Market Watch
- Bonds Vs Stocks - What Happens Next?
Typically bond and stock prices are inversely correlated - providing what your friendly local asset allocator/wealth manager calls diversification or balance. However, at times of crisis, things get a little out of hand. In the last 6 years, there have been two instances of extreme high correlation between stock price returns and bond price returns - the first was at the peak in stocks in 2007 ...
June 22, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Mel Watt in WFMY News 2
If anything, what I'm hearing is a lot of disappointment at the negativity ......,Watt said. "That could have some adverse impact on the Clinton campaign in North Carolina and inversely could have a positive impact on the Barack campaign."
- Georgi Parvanov in Focus News
The trust in political parties is inversely proportional to their continuously growing number,President Parvanov said. "We have to put an end to the philosophy that dates back to the beginning of the transition period - elections to the...
- Natasha Walter in The Guardian
As Simone de Beauvoir wrote, and Walter quotes: "The little girl cuddles her doll and dresses her up as she dreams of being cuddled and dressed up herself; inversely, she thinks of herself as a marvellous doll."