- n the insertion of a cannula or tube into a hollow body organ
- Once the emergency units arrived, it took them 30 to 45 minutes to extract Diana from the vehicle and stabilize her with intubation, oxygen and treatment for shock.
- As Cao and a nurse pried open the man's jaws and began an emergency intubation, inserting a pipe down his throat to resume the flow of oxygen, they became victims of what can only .
- Sim One is particularly good for practice in endotracheal intubation, a technique that involves slipping a tube into the patient's windpipe and administering anesthetic gases .
News & Articles
- Assessing performance of colonoscopy procedures improves quality
A new study reports that the use of a quarterly report card is associated with improved colonoscopy quality indicators. Endoscopists at the Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Indianapolis, Ind., who participated in the study showed an overall adjusted adenoma (precancerous polyp) detection rate increase from 44.7 percent to 53.9 percent, and a cecal intubation rate increase from 95.6 ...
June 21, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Fred Hersch in Ottawa Citizen
When I came to, I had no voice (the intubation had paralyzed my right vocal cord) and could not walk or swallow,Hersch wrote. "All of my muscles had atrophied and I was dangerously underweight. I was kept alive by a feeding tube that...